Sunday, November 12, 2006

On the Road...

This photo was taken on the Greek island of Mykonos. I was on the balcony of the hotel, staring at the horizon when I noticed this yacht in the middle of the sea.
I chose this photo for my technology task because I think it is connected with the idea of “On the Road”.
The boat can be used as a metaphor to describe human life. Imagine that you’re in the yacht you see in the photo, but with no specific destination. You’re moving forward, but you don’t know what is going to happen next. Something similar happens in our life. We’re on the road and we must go on, even without having the slightest idea of what future holds. Sometimes we feel that the world is our oyster, that we could do almost everything we ever wanted. Sometimes we don’t – we feel there’s nothing else to achieve in life and, so, we can just stay where we are.
However, staying there in the middle
of nowhere, without a destination, without aims, won’t make our dreams come true. Consequently, even if we feel a bit adrift, we should always go on because life is a big ocean made of obstacles, but also of surprises and challenging opportunities.
Nevertheless, it is difficult to sail without looking back. It is also difficult to live without remembering our past experiences, especially if they bring about bad memories. However, either good or bad, we always learn something from the things we did and experienced. We may feel we sailed too close to the wind but we learnt how not to make the same mistake again.
Life is like a voyage by boat – the most challenging task is learning how to be a good sailor…


Ana Rita Faustino


4 comments:

adriana said...

I agree with you and I love the picture :) It's true that sometimes we feel a bit adrift but that's why we have friends to support us when this kind of situation happens. I want you to know that you can always count on me!

KISSES***

Rita said...

hi!thanks...actually I searched for images in the Internet, but I finally decided to use this photo which I took the last Summer in Greece. You can also count on me whenever you need :)

KISSES***

catia_santos said...

The foto is really beautiful.I think that our life is a travel and there are some storms that we need to deal with.But like Adriana says, we have friends to help us with it.

see you...

Rita said...

hi!thanks for the comment!indeed, my intention was to compare life to a voyage.through this voyage, we find some storms like you said and some hardships and so we have to learn how to deal with them!

KISSES***